WHAT IS GDEX?
GDEX is the convention dedicated to a love of games and creative technology, located in Columbus, Ohio. GDEX features a weekend expo showcase, combined with presentation sessions, artist alleys, raffles, tournaments, and Charity events. The GDEX expo is a curated showcase of some of the most exciting up and coming developers so that you can see the latest games before anyone else!
GDEX started in 2013 as a community event to bring together Ohio game developers to Connect with each other, Share their projects and technologies, and Learn from each other as well as industry professionals. It has since grown into the Premier event of its kind in the Midwest, drawing an audience from across the country with unrivaled quality in educational sessions and opportunities for individuals and small businesses to accelerate their growth. There truly is no other event like GDEX in the Midwest, and we are proud to be a part of making the community and industry in the area.
GDEX 2018 will be September 29th – September 30th, with a special Dev Day on September 28th, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus Ohio.
2018 QUICK FACTS
- 2000 estimated unique attendees from across the country
- 77,000+ Square Feet Expo showfloor
- 125+ developers/teams showcasing the latest games and products
- 75+ presentation sessions from all aspects of the industry
- GDEX Dev Day is an all day in-depth STEM learning experience for professionals and students
- Great support from sponsors both within and outside the industry make GDEX an amazing event
- Awesome tournaments and raffles featuring unique prizes benefiting our charity partners
- Helped raise over $100,000 raised for Extra Life and the AbleGamers Charity since GDEX began
- 52% of guests said that GDEX was their first ever convention
- 55% of attendees said GDEX was the only convention they go to each year
- 50% of attendees were students (Middle-High School, Higher Education)
- 61% were ages 14-25, 26% were 26-35, 13% were 36 and older
- 60% Non-Developers / 40% Developers (professional, amateur, student)