JOIN THE GDEX TEAM
Have you attended GDEX and wanted to be more involved? Or are you a new face that wants to do more than just see the show? Join the budding community of students, developers and gaming enthusiasts who make it all happen. Volunteering at GDEX is a great way to get involved with the gaming community in Columbus and get a behind the scenes look at the event. Our volunteers are some of the best that the Midwest has to offer, and you could join their ranks!
Volunteer now to help execute this weekend fueled on gaming.
+ What are the benefits of volunteering at GDEX?
- A free weekend pass to the GDEX Expo (Saturday Oct. 12th - Sunday Oct. 13th)
- A super sweet GDEX volunteer t-shirt.
- Awesome networking opportunities with fellow volunteers and GDEX attendees
+ How much time am I required to dedicate to volunteering?
Each volunteer is expected to work at least one 5-6 hour shift over the course of GDEX weekend and/or Dev Day. You have the opportunity to request additional shifts, if desired.
+ Is this a paid position?
Volunteering at GDEX is not a paid position. We are happy to provide references for your resume or fill out paperwork for volunteer credit with your school if needed.
+ What is expected of me as a volunteer?
Below are some examples of various roles a volunteer might fill:
- Monitor presentation rooms
- Keep queue lines neat and out of walkways
- Check badges at Expo entryways
- Sell and hand out GDEX badges
- Answer attendee questions
- Assist with Load In/Load Out